- Your mowing height should be between 2.5 and 3 inches. This helps the root system retain water and grow thicker.
- Sharpen your mower blade each season. Grass recovers quicker and is less prone to disease when its cut clean with a sharp blade.
- Leave the lawn clippings on your lawn, the clippings will compost releasing more nitrogen for the grass. Under wet spring conditions, remove thick layers of clippings that may smother the grass.
- Apply at least 1 inch of water each time you water. Water 2 times per week when there is hot or dry conditions.
- Always water in the early mornings so the root system can access the water during the hotter periods of the day.
- Watering in the evenings or at night can create poor growing conditions and lead to disease and fungus problems.
- If you are watering areas with dips or slopes, you will need to water more frequently for shorter periods of time as you will lose water to run off.
- Fertilizer produces the nutrients your lawn needs to grow healthy.
- We use top quality fertilize that give your lawn the nutrients it needs throughout the entire season.
- Fertilizer should be applied regularly throughout the entire growing season on a schedule that permits consistent feeding.
- Treating for your weeds is more complicated as the choices for homeowners and professionals is limited.
- We utilize many years of experience along with the best available products and combinations of additives to achieve the best possible results.
- We recommend all homeowners to try to reduce the amount of weeds they have through good cultural practices and leave the other stuff to the professionals. Proper watering and cutting plays a very big role in weed reduction.
- An aerater will pass across the lawn pulling compacted cores of grass out and this will allow the compacted soil to loosen and will allow the air, water and nutrients to better penetrate the root system.
- Aerations are recommended once per year and are typically done in the spring or fall when the ground has good moisture, allowing the aerater to penetrate the soil.
- Aerations are also another method of leveling the lawn naturally. Once the cores have been pulled and the soil has room to breath, it will naturally fill in and gravity will naturally help it level out.
- Adding grass seed to your property on a annual basis can be a little expensive. That said, this is the best option to ensure a thick healthy weed free lawn. The grass seed spread across the entire property will fill in bare areas and that is where weeds would grow most persistent.
- The thicker your turf is, the less weeds can grow.
- We recommend using only certified seed to ensure your promoting healthy turf growth. Most generic brands purchased from hardware stores contain weed seeds as well as grass seed and using these brands may result in adding many weeds to your property.
- IT MUST BE CERTIFIED TO BE THE BEST!